Crafty Screen Blue Screen Printing Emulsion is a Diazo Photo Emulsion for the preparation of screens for Waterbased and Plastisol Ink. It can be exposed using a variety of light sources, including Exposure bulbs.
Mix the Emulsion (black tub) and the Sensitizer (silver pack), mix well and allow for all the air bubbles to disappear. (allow approx. 2 hours). For best results apply to a clean/dry/degreased mesh.
Dry the screen at 30-35 degrees for around 40-30 mins.
The pot life of this emulsion once sensitized is 4-6 weeks, when kept in dry, cool dark space.
- High resistance to inks (plastisol, waterbased and solvent)
- Easily reclaimable
- Easy to use
- Suitable for UV light or LED
How to use:
- Add the Diazo to the emulsion in small amounts, stirring continuously.
- Mix until the Diazo is fully incorporated and emulsion is a new even colour.
- Secure Lid on emulsion, keep sensitized emulsion out of direct sun light.
- Allow up to 2 hours for the air bubbles to settle.
- Fill up your emulsion coater and start coating screens!
We recommend you always degrease the mesh. As a general indication, we suggest you apply 1 or 2 coats of emulsion on the external face of the screen and 1 or 2 coats on the internal face, wet on wet, then a final dry coat on the inside of the screen to push the emulsion to the back of the screen. We recommend using our emulsion coater to do this.
We advised that you dry the screen in a ventilated oven, horizontal, at 30-35°C for 20-30 minutes according to the coating thickness, do not use too much heat.
Alternatively You can air dry over night in a light safe area.
Lamp type, distance from lamp to screen, mesh type, and coating thickness can affect exposure time. To determine the correct exposure time, we suggest you conduct some tests with an exposure calculator. Our suggestion: Lighting halogen: 5000W Application: 1-2 internal coats, 1-2 external coats . Recommended to be used with our Exposure bulbs or Exposure Unit.
Please use Crafty Screen Eco Emulsion Remover to remove this emulsion.
Health and Safety.
Please read the product data sheet before using.